• Bright salmon hue
• Blend of Malbec, Pinot Noir, Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot
• Redcurrants and floral aromatics, with a saline quality
• A creaminess makes for a complex and alluring nose
• Generous texture on the palate that is balanced and driven
• Red cherries with a clean and fresh finish
The 2023 Vintage
2023 proved an extended yet very rewarding vintage in the Margaret River Wine Region. Optimal, dry weather conditions paired with the absence of any significant climatic challenges or disease pressure set the scene for a dependable growing season, ideal for gentle, consistent ripening across all varieties.
Pinot Noir was pressed, settled and fermented in neutral oak barrels and matured on yeast lees with some stirring for three months. Cabernet Franc and Malbec were pressed, settled and co-fermented in tank then put to barrel for two months maturation. Petit Verdot was barrel fermented. The finished blend is 63% Pinot Noir, 16% Malbec, 15% Cabernet Franc and 6% Petit Verdot.
Winemaker: Mark Messenger
100% Margaret River