The 2021 Vintage
The growing season was a mild Spring with reasonable but no extreme rainfall, which was excellent for the vines. November was significantly wet – double the long-term average with 14 days of rain. As harvest was commencing in early February, the region again saw significant rainfall, which was great timing for later ripening red varieties. Our Malbec was hand harvested on the 24th March at 14.2 Baume.
The fruit was hand-plunged in small batch open-top fermenters with eight days on skins to achieve a refined tannin profile. It then spent 15 months in French oak barriques, of which 20% were new.
• Beautiful deep inky purple hue
• A complex and fruity nose with blueberry, dark plum and red cranberry
• The oak gives a combination of sweet vanilla baked goods and smokiness which elevates the aromas and gives the wine a serious edge
• On the layered, rounded palate we see juicy blue fruits with a strong mid-palate
• Some oak structure on the back end will help age this wine perfectly
Winemakers: Mark Messenger & Luc Fitzgerald
100% Margaret River